Quick Tip: Fixing Incorrectly Sized Bounding Sphere for 3DS Model in XNA

Recently I’ve been spending a lot of time working on a 3D game engine using XNA and wanted to implement some model measuring functionality.  I noticed that my measurements weren’t coming out quite right so with the help of the App Hub’s shape renderer sample I was able to visualise the bounding sphere for the model and noticed it was significantly smaller than my model.  After some poking around and googling I discovered that I needed to set the units in my install of 3DS Max to be centimeters - once this was done and I exported my model again the bounding spheres were correctly sized and my model measurements were returning the correct results!